Geoserve Global Anchor/Soil Nail Inspection Expertise
Geoserve Global Ltd (GGL) offers 30 years’ experience in the design, construction, testing and inspection of ground anchors and soil nails. GGL has served and continues to serve on British Standards and European Committees for ground anchoring and soil nailing practice and has substantially contributed to the CIRIA Report C637: Soil Nailing: best practice guidance. The GGL contribution to this report was entitled Durability and Degradation of soil nails and was based on 30 years of ground support systems experience. GGL were also joint technical authors, in association with Coffey Geotechnics, for the drafting of BS8081:2015 (British Code of Practice for Grouted Anchors). GGL have been engaged as an expert witness on various projects that have required the detailed assessment of performance in service, these include;
- Specialist consultant and expert witness representing contractor Van Elle Ltd for anchors installed on M1 widening scheme (UK).
- Consultant and expert witness representing Portsmouth City Council for anchor works at Camber Dock, Portsmouth Harbour (UK).
- Expert witness appointed to represent Parsons Brinckerhoff for rock anchor investigations on A5 Glyn Bends project, North Wales.
Inspection/Reporting of Corrosion on Anchor Heads and Anchor Performance
- Aberdeen Harbour - inspected 7 anchored quay walls to assess the condition of over 300 anchors.
- The failure of a 21 year old anchored wall on the Thames
- The corrosion failure of anchor heads at the Hull Barrier Anchors at Erith Quay on the Thames
- Anchors at Purfleet Quay on the Thames
- Anchors at Greenhithe Quay on the Thames
- Anchors at Devonport Dockyard
- Visual inspection of Anchors on Customs House Quay, Broomielaw and Anderton Quay on the Clyde
- Portsmouth Harbour - forensic investigation on anchor head condition and performance
- Inspection, assessment and reporting on tie bars used to support quay wall at Neptune Wharf, East London
- A5 North Wales (Glyn Bends) - forensic investigation on anchor head condition and performance
- M1 (J26-J28) – forensic investigation into corrosion protection systems on ground anchors
Ground anchor and soil nail corrosion protection systems
GGL offer the benefit of decades of experience in the design, construction and testing of over 100,000 ground and rock anchors and soil nails on a worldwide basis. This includes the provision and detailed assessment of corrosion protection systems.
GGL provide specialist advice on design and implementation of anchor systems for post-tensioned dams and have worked on dam projects in the USA, Australia, UK and South Africa.
Links and collaboration with other organizations and experts
The director at Geoserve Global Ltd has formed strong links with world authorities in the field of ground anchoring and soil nailing. Dr Devon Mothersille has worked closely with Professor GS Littlejohn on ground anchoring projects over recent years. This relationship has yielded a number of publications (see List of Publications). When required the expertise and experience of Professor GS Littlejohn can be called upon.
Geoserve Global Ltd have also developed collaborative relationships with the specialist ground anchor company Single Bore Multiple Anchor Ltd (SBMA Ltd) and AnchorTest Ltd.
Other useful links:
Single Bore Multiple Anchor Limited (www.sbmasystems.com)
AnchorTest Limited (www.anchortest.info)